Guest Review: Opal by Jennifer Armentrout

Title: Opal
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Series: Lux #3
Publisher: Entangled Publishing
Released: December 11, 2012
Website: http://www.jenniferarmentrout.com/


Book Summary




No one is like Daemon Black.

When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn’t fooling around. Doubting him isn’t something I’ll do again, and now that we’ve made it through the rough patches, well... There’s a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.

But even he can’t protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.

After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.

Together we’re stronger... and they know it.


GUEST REVIEW:


Hello, all! My name is Rachel and I’m a reviewer for a few different blogs. I’m very happy to have the chance to review Opal by Jennifer Armentrout for you! She’s one of my favorite authors, and I hope to review sometimes again for Kathy in the future. J

**SPOLIERS FOR ONYX**

Wow-wee! Another wonderful book by Jennifer L. Armentrout. Opal is the third book of the Lux series, and the plot doesn't disappoint fans.

The last book ended with, Dawson - Daemons twin brother - coming back from the dead. Opal revolves around Beth - Dawsons lover - and getting her back from the DOD who is holding her captive. Blake makes another entrance in this book and tries to help. Question is, should they trust him after his last betrayal?

Pros:
Holy romance, Batman! Katy and Daemons relationship still goes strong. The love they have is remarkable, and you can see how far Armentrout takes the relationship. In the first book Katy and Daemon (well... not so much Daemon) despised one another, but by this book you'll see the remarkable change. Both of them grow as a person because of each other. Katy - as she states in this book - has changed since Obsidian. She becomes a darker version of herself, not as happy-go-lucky. She's been through a lot these past books, and it's finally taking a toll on her. Daemon is still a cute, lovable, cocky guy, and Katy is kick-ass and a strong lead. Nothing gets past her. She's not someone that stays in the shadows. It's admirable how hard working and determined she becomes in order to fight with everyone else. Katy strives to be a better person, which is a trait I love!

The storyline kept you on your toes. Twist and turns were everywhere! Once you have everything figured out, the plot takes you in a different direction. It is not in anyway predictable. That is one of the aspects I love about Armentrouts writings. You never know what's going to happen next. The action scenes are hardcore, it's fast pace and keeps you engaged. None of the characters are one-dimensional. Everyone plays an important part in the story.

Cons:
First off, the word "awesome" was used to describe many things. "That was awesome", "He was awesome", "That object is awesome", ect. The choice of vocabulary was off as well. I don't know anyone who says the word "forevah", or "nom nom" in a sentence. I understand these words are used, but it's only in text-talk. She even had the term "WTF" in the middle of a sentence. This is a piece of literature my dear, not a text. You use wtf, ttyl, g2g and those abbreviations when you want to shorten your speech on the phone. The ACTUAL texts they send where abbreviated weird as well. I've never seen someone text the things Katy and Daemon typed.

Half of the book was Daemon and Katy either making out, cuddling, making out, arguing, pep talking, or making out. I love that their relationship is strong... it warms my heart. I found myself skipping some sentences because it was the same thing. Same words to describe what Katy was feeling, how Daemon was feeling, and I could skip a few pages back to get the same scenario. I understand fans like this and eat it up, and I'm totally there with you! It's just very repetitive.

I really enjoyed reading this book, it leaves you with a huge cliff hanger (which book of hers doesn't, eh?) and Origin comes out in July 2013! Ahhhh so long from now! Never fear though, Armentrout has loads of other books coming out that will keep our mind occupied. I recommend this for any Young Adult readers. It has romance, action, adventure, and comedy.

4/5 stars



0 comments on Guest Review: Opal by Jennifer Armentrout :

Post a Comment